Sunday, February 3, 2008

Freeware Review - JetAudio


I just had to comment on the new freeware program I have been using lately, called JetAudio Basic. Now, I have always hated how Windows Media Player can be bad about not playing certain video formats, especially a lot of the .avi files I download from various p2p programs. This player has played just about every format I've thrown its way.

JetAudio will play
all major file formats, including WAV, MP3, MP3Pro, OGG, WMA, MPEG, AVI, WMV, MIDI, RM, and video and audio CD tracks. Other features include the ability to rip tracks, burn discs, record, and conversion of file formats. For anyone who would want to add some effects to an mp3 file, there is cross-fade, reverb, and x-bass.

Overall, it's a much easier program to use, compared to WMP, and has a more modern looking interface (as opposed to cartoon-ish look of WMP). If you are looking for an alternative to WMP, I would suggest giving JetAudio a go.

No comments: